View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:45 AM   #13
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Louis has good hair growth. Whatcha talking about?

What do you feed him? I believe a healthy, balanced diet is the most effective way to promote hair growth.

Other things that will affect hair growth: genetics, hair type, and activity. I have read here and in Yorkie books that really silky hair can be slower growing than softer types. Grass and carpeting will damage hair.

My Teddy's hair grows faster than Maximo's. He has never had his hair cut. I trimmed the Maxman's body (and shaved his rear end ) when he was 3-5 months and it is only now filling in at 18+ months.
I believe genetics has more to do with it than any product out there can do. Products can help, but will not change the fact that your pups hair is his hair. Uni's hair is thin and silky. It takes foreverrrrrrrr to grow. i haven't cut it in over a year I think and it still looks the same! Her pad hairs and nails never need to be cut or trimmed bc of all her walking and playing. Her arm feathers near the feet are short also from playing and sliding on the floor. The only hair on her I think is growing is her ears, bc those things are practically bionic. Her ear hair will reach the ground before her arm feathers will!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!