View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #8
christiers
Senior Yorkie Talker

Ok, sorry for the delay...but my friend didn't get back with me last night and I wanted to wait and talk to her today so I understood everything correctly.

Obviously, I misunderstood about Wellness being part of Natura (which was purchased by P&G). Her decision to stop selling Wellness came about when they sent her a letter thanking her for her years of support and notifying her of the upcoming changes the company will be making in distribution and production. (Not a buy-out as I had thought, my sincerest apologies, but since I have your attention I would like to share her thoughts.)

Wellness contacted her stating that they intended to expand their lines into nationally found franchises. No longer mainly focusing distribution to locally owned "mom & pop shops" like small boutiques and pet feed stores. They also indicated that this would mean changing their production method. She has been unable to get a clarification on exactly what they mean by this. She strongly worries about a change in quality of ingredients used during production. Which I tend to agree with. Wellness is already fairly accessible throughout, which means they are producing a large quantity as it is. What corners will they cut to meet demand when they expand even further?

Merely an opinion. And again my sincerest apologies for sharing my misunderstood information. I didn't mean to confuse anyone.

I hope all find this corrected information useful and informative in making decisions in the nutrition for their furbabies!

Have a great day!!

Last edited by christiers; 06-17-2010 at 08:39 AM.
christiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!