View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
lil louis
♥My Yorkie, My Shadow♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Louis has good hair growth. Whatcha talking about?

What do you feed him? I believe a healthy, balanced diet is the most effective way to promote hair growth.

Other things that will affect hair growth: genetics, hair type, and activity. I have read here and in Yorkie books that really silky hair can be slower growing than softer types. Grass and carpeting will damage hair.

My Teddy's hair grows faster than Maximo's. He has never had his hair cut. I trimmed the Maxman's body (and shaved his rear end ) when he was 3-5 months and it is only now filling in at 18+ months.
Thanks for the compliment on Louis' hair. The hair on his head and face grows really good, but the hair on his body doesn't grow quite as fast. Louis has really silky hair, so maybe that is why it is a little slower growing. He is 2 1/2 and I have only trimmed the hair on his body and it's not close to touching the floor. I have been thinking about cutting Louis' hair for the summer, and I am afraid it will take a long time to grow back. Every time I see your avatar pic, I reconsider cutting Louis' hair, cause your dogs hair is so pretty!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!