View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvav View Post
Tucker is 14 months old and .I have been having issues with him for a few months now. He has not been wanting to eat very well. I have been able to get him to eat at least once a day. I have been adding some lean boiled ground beef to a little kibble these last few days to try and get him to eat it. He sticks his nose up at first and later he will eat some. He has had a complete blood panel done a couple of months ago and all looked well. I have asked my vet for some further testing and she was going to look into it. Now he has began throwing up yellow bile so I know something isn't right. Most of the time he seems pretty active. He wants to go for his walks but is really panting heavely by the time he gets back which concerns me too. I am going to call my vet again today and demand that we do more or I will be going somewhere else to find out whats going on. This is the same thing I was going through last year at this time with my Tobie that I lost last July and it tears me apart.
have they done bile acid testing to see how liver is functioning as a plain blood work up is not always going to show how liver is functioning. Sometimes dogs will not eat if it makes them feel sick. Too much protein can make them feel sick to their stomach if they have a liver issue. Have you ever tried steamed cod and add that to food instead of beef as it is easily digestible protein and may be easier on him. What percentage of protein is in the food you feed and what food do you feed? Does he act different after he eats at all like within a 2 hr window?

I agree if your gut is something is wrong then there is probably something wrong.

I would not walk him now if not feeling well and panting can be a sign of pain or panting can just be tired or hot too but until he is 100% healthy and not throwing up I would not over exert him.

Many vets are not up on liver disease in this breed so if bile acids have not been done with this behavior exhibited then that would be the first thing I did along with taking in urine to be tested with a urinalysis to see if any crystals are in the urine
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!