View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #320
Cooper2010
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
I have not read every single post but I haven't seen YorkieDaze's recipe that she sent to me. I have been feeding this to my little guy for several months now and he loves it. I might have made a few minor changes but this is the recipe. Actually I cut this recipe in half because it does make a TON of food.
Here it is:

Find a REALLY BIG bowl or pot for mixing these.

Cook up 1 cup of brown rice together with 1/2 cup of split peas and 1/2 cup of lentils till crisp tender then drain and rinse in a colander

Cook 3 pounds of free range ground veal or free range hamburger . Add to rice mixture.

Then in a food processer, coarse grind 3 large fresh heads of broccoli with stems, 6 large fresh carrots and 3 cloves of garlic. Add to mixture. Mix really well and put in pint size freezer zip-loc bags and freeze.

I also make meatloaf for him. I can't give you exact measurments because I just guess as I make it but basically go by a regular meatloaf recipe.

I use free range ground beef, Quaker Multigrain Oatmeal...it has Oats, Rye, Barley, and Wheat (Poco is not allergic to grains), eggs, powdered milk. grated cheese, grated carrots, couple of cloves of chopped garlic. Mix it all together and form into tiny loaves or meatballs and bake. When cool, put in baggies and freeze.

I made this tonight leaving out the broccoli and garlic. I mixed two tablespoons with equal parts dry food. There wasn't anything at all left in his bowl. I've never seen this dog eat a whole serving of food. He picks and nibbles, but not tonight. It did make alot even halving the recipe. Probably enough for 14 days. I kept out enough for tomorrow and put the rest in the freezer. This is fairly inexpensive to make as well.
Cooper2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!