Thread: Question?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
CJxDanielle
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
If it was humanly possible to "make" a Yorkie much the same as making a dress...and it was achieved by using the standard for each part..then you would have a perfect Yorkie...and if breeders were only allowed to use Yorkies that adhere 100% to the standard, there would be few litters bred. All Yorkies have some type of fault, some more obvious then others..

So reputable breeders strive to breed a Yorkie that is as close to the standard as humanly possible..this is not achieved by using pets as stock.

I used to breed one of my bitches who was an AKC champion and ALL 100% her family in the next 3 generations were AKC champions...and I bred her to the number one Yorkie in the US at the time...and she had 5 puppies...2 who turned out to be non-show quality pets...

What it all boils down to for me is this...if my goal was to breed happy, healthy, well adjusted Yorkies for PETS ONLY...I would still use the very best stock possible..because the best produces pets as well as show dogs.

If you sincerely love a breed, you do all possible to preserve it...by mixing it or using poor quality stock you are not an asset to the breed, but one who destroys it.
ABSOLUTELY! I agree 210% with everything you just said.

Its just I see many people on YT who breed their yorkies who aren't even remotely standard, haven't been health tested (not just a vet check either like OFA, CERF, Patellas, etc). They breed because they want there "precious baby" to have babies.
CJxDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!