View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #20
Kirby
YT 500 Club Member

I'm glad that you're saying "Ouch!" That is what dogs are use to since that's how they learned to play nice with their litter mates. A water-filled squirt bottle also helps. lol

Time outs do not work because dogs won't understand. They don't think like human children. Human children receive time outs so they can think about what they've done wrong. Dogs would not understand that concept.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzbabykel View Post
I'm SOO glad this is posted because I'm having the exact same problem with my Oliver. He's a little over 10 weeks old (we got him at 9 weeks) and he bites constantly! I know he's only playing and its because he's hyper but his biting (especially the feet and fingers) is getting harder. I just don't want him to become a biter when he's around other people. I've tried to say "no bite!" and give him a chew toy, I've tried giving him a teething bone and I've put him back in his cage for time-outs....those don't seem to be so helpful but what I DID find helpful was when he bites and I jerk away and say "ouch!" he steps back and looks at me and then licks me. I'd like to think he knows he hurt me and doesn't want to do it again but maybe I just scared him haha but either way it seems to help when you say "Ow" I'm reeeeeally hoping he grows out of it!!
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!