View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
dwerten
BANNED!

Default Death From a Virus - NSAIDS

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sic...ath-virus.html

LOL Sorry LJ I do not feel threatened by you at all. I actually welcome your opposition so others can see both sides and make their own educated decision about their dogs health just wish it was done nicely is all as it just makes you look bad to other people is all and I know you have a good heart as I have seen it in helping my dogs. People like myself try to focus on that part and ignore the rest. It is obvious to others what you try to do to me but it is ok I know you feel strongly about your opinion just like I feel strongly about mine and we will usually agree to disagree and what may be surprising to you we do agree on some things lol.

Just like you feel it is ok to threaten in the case of what you think or perceive is animal cruelty when maybe an owner comes here to ask for help I will warn against dogs getting nsaids with liver disease or on an empty stomach as I believe that is animal cruelty from what I have read and seen. It is all in our experiences and what we have learned in our lives as to what we pass on to others and I am sure you have seen alot in rescueing animals that we have not seen. I just wish it was handled nicely is all as I think people run from confrontational situations and why most people will not come on to threads like this and say what they really feel. I personally think everyone involved can learn through an intelligent debate where people are cordial.

I do not want to change you LJ you are a grown woman and people cannot change other people only we can do that for ourselves.

I know you know there are mistakes in the medical profession as you worked in it and someone pm'd me you made a mistake on a benadryl doseage thread on here and I was shocked as you are always telling people not to give doseages, etc and yet you do so people can make mistakes even with the best intentions. Also just as lillymae below said about the other drug as well and you were incorrect just like I was incorrect saying clindmycin is only in liquid and capsule and you were right they have tablet form and I was wrong. You were wrong about chlorhexedine being used for staph and I was correct. So you see sometimes you will be right and sometimes I will be right and sometimes we will be wrong on things but at least we try to do our best to help people get to the right place and I truly feel it is making a difference.

You say I scare people well if it does and it saves the lives of dogs then I guess you can say it is the same as you threatening to save their lives as I see no difference. People are scared of the unknown but if they have a little understanding and have read up on things prior it is all less scary to them as they can understand what the vet is talking about and this is important in educating pet owners so they understand and are less scary. Some situations are scary and getting in immediately is important as we have seen on here where dogs have died because immediate action was not taken and some said it was ok to wait and I did not agree with that yet I am the one scarying people. I will scare someone if I feel that dog is in jeopardy but I doubt giving information to possible issues in breed when owner presents the symptoms is scary and if people are afraid of what it could be then they should not ask and just go to their vet only.

Just as someone said before we are both needed here so if we could coexist nicely that would be great for all parties involved as I would hate to see you leave or myself leave as either one would be a disservice to YT and other pet owners as I think we both bring alot of knowledge and experience to the group. We use to get along until I questioned lisette's vet on lymphangiectasia which btw i was right it was not that and I told bella's owner to go to neurologist instead of paying for ultrasound with low bats and I was right it was not liver it was neurological. After that it all spun out of control as you told me I was out of line but before that all was good and my dogs are even on your website for the halloween contest you had as I entered for two years. You have talked to me on the phone and you know I am a nice person and not trying to do any harm here and as of yet unless you know of any dogs I have killed I am not aware of one.

You know LJ i read the story of ella yesterday and tears came to my eyes as i read the whole thread and while I am sad that ella is gone what i read in that thread was all of us getting along helping this little dog. This is what it is all about helping dogs and back then we were all friends helping dogs here and it was much more peaceful for everyone and we were making a difference and hopefully one day we can get back to that and maybe it took her passing for that thread to come back up and read that whole thread as everyone attacking each other is on that thread helping. I believe things like this happen to make us all think about life and what really is important and we all made a difference in that little dogs life. I do not hate you and I do not believe you hate me but I do hope some day we can get back to the way it use to be as it was much more pleasant and we did not always agree back then either but it did not get out of control like some of these threads have lately.

Last edited by dwerten; 06-15-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!