View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terizaza View Post
Hi I am a hairdresser for 30 years, and I have been looking into becoming a groomer, if for nothing else just to cut my pup and friends. How long did it take you? I live in NJ and there are only 2 schools near me and since I own my salon now I really can't leave for any length of time to learn. Could you tell me if the online course was easily learned and how long it took you? thanks Teri
the online course is in combination with the hands on learning. i don't think you can just take the online courses at nash. reading isn't good enough, you need to actually do it in front of the instructors so they can show you the proper way to handle the dogs and get the look you want to accomplish. They also critique you and show you how to improve.

when i was there we had a girl that was coming up from the shore a few times a week to attend classes. Classes are from tuesday to saturday but you don't have to go every day. You can pick which days at the beginning of the term you want to attend. you can go only on saturdays if you wanted, but it will take a longer time. i went T-S and finished in 2-3 months, after taking the online courses (you can take 4 a month).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!