View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOMariposa View Post
I had her blood work done this morning and she tested negative for heart worms. Yupppeeeeee!!!!!!! I'm going to have her tested again next year just to be sure. Itzel's vet is going to order the medication for me and it should arrive within 2 days. He's ordering enough for a year, so she'll be okay until next year. I spoke to him about the Drs. Foster and Smith site and he said it was a good option if the medication was really pricey over here. But it's at a great price over here and available, so he went ahead and ordered it for me. Thank you everyone again for the help.
Let me say that heartworm though present in California it is in very small pockets. California does have mosquito abatement and sprays regularly.
When I lived in Texas where heartworm is prevelant I had all my dogs on Intercepter.

There is one problem with ordering the meds from Foster & Smith. Should your dog develop heartworm your vet will not cover treatment. Where if you purchase your meds from the vet, it is covered. You might want to discuss this further with your vet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!