View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 AM   #48
shodanusmc
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJxDanielle View Post
Are you serious? Ha! I happen to be a caregiver to a beautiful APBT puppy girl (who will also be my agility companion when she is old enough) and I've been around many, they are no mistake and you can't be so closed minded to think that the breed as a whole is a problem? Do you know how many therapy APBTs I see in hospitals or how many i see playing with children. Its those who raise them wrong that are a mistake. And I dont even believe APBTs where the problem here, I thought she said it was the boys?

Actually I know plenty of breeds that would have done the same, not just pit bulls. You dont have to like APBTs but I dont think you should call them a mistake. I'm very sorry that this happened but dogs should never be left alone with children. Yorkies can be fliped onto the same coin, I saw a yorkie bit an infant at this rescue adoption that I volunteered for, they were considering adopting him. Does that make the yorkie breed bad as a whole? no. Did that make the news? no. Why? because yorkies arent as desirable and probably would get laughed off.
And even though I agree APBTs and there mixes are responsible for attacks you are wrong to say they have no second Presa Canarios and Rotties (and their mixes) also fall onto the same line as APBTs.

To the OP: Sorry for that, I really just had to let that off my chest. Sorry that happened to you!
Good post and I totally agree. My Dog Carlo could also be a liability if he was not raised propery, socialized and obedience trained. Any Large Breed dog can inflick a lot of damage. What's funny is when we are out with both of our dogs, little kids come up and ask if they can pet the little Yorkie. We have to tell them no, not the little dog, but that they can pet the big dog. As much as we have soicalized and worked with Maxine, she still may lung out and try to bit them. Does she make the entire breed of Yorkies look like God's Mistake? You know a Staffie is really pretty much a pit, and they are AKC recognized, and you never hear about them. Why do you suppose that is?

No, Pits that are properly bred, socialized and trained are great dogs and make fine family pets. Today, I would tather buy a good Pit that a Golden Retriever, but that is a topic from another day.

Getting back to the OP, it was a kid that made a comment, not the dog. I feel sorry for his dog.
shodanusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!