View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
sandyapk
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Unwanted house guest attacks my yorkie.

A DUCK! Decided to lay eggs and have babies in my yard. Is using my pool. We have put up with this, for a week. Until today. Mia loves the pool and plays ball every night in the back yard. We recently weeded and sprayed some stuff, so I have been keeping her in the front yard only. Well today she saw the duck and made a B line for the pool jumped in. Of course momma duck did not like it. Nature ya ya and all the protecting it's young. We not at my yorkie's expense. I was so glad she was not seriously hurt. I am still shaking.... I called animal control, and bird wildlife sancturary blah blah blah. .... omg...... I am so annoyed. Tonight we are going to attempt to catch mom, and take her and her babies to the park around the corner. I am not willing to let them grow up to fly away weeks from now. Heating my pool, unable to use it, or the back yard for that matters. Oh and if you are a duck lover, and think I am being horrible, please send me a pm and let me know when you will be by to pick up momma and her babies. I will be happy to have them go where they are loved.
sandyapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!