View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #5
bridjet
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Yes, all of his seizures I believe are due to low blood sugar except one he had about 2 weeks ago. Even after nutrical and caro it took 45 mins for him to get back to normal. The vet said there may be a liver or brain issue, but wanted to wait to see if the seizures worsened or became more freequent. He hasn't had another one since and it's been 2 weeks.
He is now not really eating anything.
I brought him home on Royal Canin dry food for small breed puppys. He would nibble at it, eating only a few kibbles here and there. He had his first seizure on our 2nd day. I took him into the vet and he said low blood sugar & put him on nutrical. I tried wetting the food and he liked it for a day. Then tried wetting and microwaving and he liked that for a couple days, then he would only eat it if my daughter fed it to him from a spoon, then only when she held him and gave it to him by hand. Then he stopped eating that all together and seized again. Back to vet and he prescribed a canned food called a/d. Spike went nuts over it, but wouldn't eat it mixed with the dry food, only on it's own. After the first day, massive diarreah. So, back to vet who said try other canned food. Ok, we have purchased every canned food at Petsmart and he at most, takes a few licks and refuses. Went to another vet, they gave me Science Diet Dry and Canned and said mix them. Spike chowed the first bowl of it and refused the next one. Kept trying different stuff and old stuff over again and it's getting worse. Then the 45 min seizure. This is when vet said try home cooking for him and give him whatever he wants as long as he eats something. Ok, I have home cooked meals for him and he likes that for a day or so then wants something else. I sometimes have 5-6 bowls of different choices out for him and he is super stubborn. Now, yesterday and this morning, even though he hasn't eaten much of the home cooked food and zero commercial puppy food, he is having trouble going poop. He has to strain and it takes about 10 mins for him to succeed. I think I'll be calling the vet this morning when they open, but, I don't think I will get any helpful answers. I don't know if these vets I've been seeing are used to a puppy his size or something. It's breaking my heart and it's also frustrating. I am clueless as to what to do next.
bridjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!