View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscia1 View Post
Can the experts reply if the following terms for breeding are usual or even acceptable:
1) 250 stud fee cash plus 1000 cash extra if Bitch has no papers AND pick of the litter?
2) If the above is not paid the new fee is 4950 cash
3) Contract is missing almost everything. ie. Owners name, date, stud name date, proof of health, akc, service dates, location, conditions and contract/offfer offeree signatures and date.

My bitch was successfully breeded and produced three male pups that I kept in our family. We are now being sued for 4950 because we did not give the professional breeder 1250 AND pick of the litter. The breeder thinks we had a secret female extra pup that we are keeping from her.

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.
One last thing, you said professional breeder. To me that is a huge red flag. A professional is one that makes a living from said profession. All the reputable, ethical breeders do not do this as their profession. Sure they are knowledgeable and experienced, but I doubt that they would call themselves a professional breeder. At the bear minimum, it makes them look really bad, like they make their money off the backs of defenseless animals.

I'm not a breeder, but I would hope that those that do breed have enough love and respect for this breed and the animals in their care to only breed with the best intentions.

Last edited by DvlshAngel985; 06-09-2010 at 08:22 PM.
DvlshAngel985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!