View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
xmasbaby75
YT Graphic Artist
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMuedog View Post
WOW! Gellica is such a sweetheart. I'm not sure what kind of bird it is. I think its maybe a week old since it has all its feathers, usually takes a couple days to get feathers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostnomad View Post
That is so adorable. What great motherly instincts she has.

No idea what kind of bird it is since it's still relatively young. Probably 4-5 weeks or so old. They typically don't get feathers until that age. And either fell out a nest somewhere in the vicinty or was trying out it's wings.

Well actually, he does not have his feathers yet. It is very hard to see from those videos because they came out very dark, but the only place he has feathers is on his wings, and a little stripe down the middle of his back. The rest of him is naked and very pink. Even the feathers he does have, are only the baby feathers - they still look wet and he cannot even stand up on his own yet without falling over - so he is very young. He is only about 2" in size! I am happy to report that he made it through his first night, and DH has quite the busy day ahead of him - feeding him every 15 minutes until sunset! Gellica was already right by his side when I left for work this morning.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!