View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
vms1177
Donating YT Addict

Animal Smiley 019 common factor hair and skin issues

Hi, I have noticed a common factor here with these Yorkies they all appear to have the silvery lighter silkier blond hair. I have been looking through the threads relating to scratching and itching. My story began last week when I brought Lila home after her spay surgery she also had a benign mammary cyst removed as well. She came home and 2 days later she started to rub her chin on the carpet kept us up all night with scratching her ears body etc... I did not notice any fleas have never had any problems with food same food for 2yrs California Natural Lamb and Rice. The only thing I have done is changed her conditioner I bathed her before her spay. She is on Benedryl as the vet recommended. They really think this is unrelated to her surgery. She was picked up by me the same day 6 hrs later. I do not want to keep her on the benedryl for long it has been helping. I can try the tshirt that is an idea. I cannot bathe her for another week because of the incisions. I have not put the advantage multi on her yet for the season. My other 2 Yorkies have been treated so far. I dont know at this point if it will dissappear as quickly as it appeared or what. I just noticed that the Yorkies that have had skin issues are for the most part silky and blond. My cotton coat Yorkie has shown no signs. I am also trying to figure out if it could be a hyperthyroid issues. Thanks for any input in advance.

Mandy Lila and Jack's mom
vms1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!