View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame View Post
I had loved the idea of doing raw but balked at the price of nature's variety and the other frozen varieties. I did homemade raw for a while which is a lot less cost prohibiting. It worked for us for quite a while but I got tired of defrosting (well, mostly forgetting to do so!)

We've switched to The Honest Kitchen. Its freeze dried raw but in a powder form. The fact that its fit for human consumption along with the reasonable prices did it for me. I feed Winston for about $5 a week. Some dogs don't do well on it - but its been great for Winston. His teeth also look awesome which has been a nice unexpected side effect.
I was really curious about The Honest Kitchen.... since it's freeze dried raw, do you still have to take the same precautions when it comes to sanitizing everything? Honestly, that's a big reason I didn't want to do regular raw, it just seems like TOO much work to feed him, sanitize everything, wash his bowls every night, make sure none is on my hands, etc. I think they had a little sample pack of this at my store: The Honest Kitchen - Thrive - Dog Food - Free Shipping for like $3 and I almost bought it... but didn't know if you put it on top of their kibble, or just feed it to him, I didn't understand how it worked.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!