View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #7
DamSweet
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My experience was pretty much like everyone else - although Bridget was ravinous when she was finally "awake and with it" which surprised me as she had 9 baby teeth pulled also. The only other thing was that I had an old sweatshirt that I wore around the house the day before and let her sleep on it the night before she went in and then took it with me when I took her in - and asked them to put it in with her so that when she woke she would smell a familiar scent. I don't know if that helped her - but it helped me to think that it might help. Keeping her calm after she was feeling better was the hardest part. As someone said to me the pain meds are a double edged sword...it makes them feel better so they don't realize that they shouldn't be running and jumping yet.
But most importantly (I think) is like Manolo's mom said "do the blood work". Bridget had laser surgery with self dissolving stitches - I did put a soft e-collar on her but after the 1st or second day - she never messed with her incision. But the onesie sounds like a great idea.
Good luck - prayers and thoughts are with you and Farrah - for her speedy recovery and for your nerves - and as I tell everyone - a glass of wine won't hurt....it may not comfort her - but it will calm your nerves, and a calm mom makes for a calm baby! (I can justify anything!)

Donna......owned by Bridget and Greta (and wouldn't have it any other way!)
DamSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!