View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #18
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana911 View Post
Yes, Bear is usually very 'dainty', he will not even push a kitchen chair aside to get to a favorite toy. But, he was not paying attention. Accidents happen, that is why they are called accidents and not 'on purposes' as Judge Judy says. So, even not playing, not being aggressive, not doing anything except 'being', it can happen, it's just a difference in size and weight issue. Not long ago there was a posting on here where an owner sat on her own dog and injured it, wasn't there? She certainly wasn't being aggressive or playing. Just can't ever ever leave them alone together, so when the accident does happen you can handle the aftermath i.e. ER vet, as quickly as possible. JMHO, YMMV.
Yes, you are correct. I don't mean to make light of a serious issue, but I often joke that I pose enough of a danger to my dogs with my own big, fast-moving feet. Constantly have to remind myself to do the "Yorkie Shuffle" to be careful.

As I noted above, I separate my male Yorkies with xpens when they aren't supervised. There is less than a pound difference in their size, and they both are neutered and have great temperaments (not hyper). However, they do like to run fast and play hard. If no one is around to say, "Hey guys, slow down," they would probably end up swinging from the chandeliers and breaking a leg.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!