View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
nana911
threadkillin' 6 pack
Donating Member

I think that even being friends, accidents can happen. It took quite awhile before Bear (80lbs) was very patient with the Yorkies getting around his face. He would air snap. He is a gentle spirit and that is how he would show his annoyance. He is very tolerant with them, he is just more laid back. But the other day when DH was getting the boys (Baxter and Bear) ready for their walk, Bear was unusually excited and in the process of jumping around came extremely close to crushing one of the girls. Had I not seen and been standing right there to push his hip as he was landing he would have put his weight directly on
Baby's exposed tummy. (She fluctuates between 5 1/2 - 6 1/2 lbs) he would have done serious internal damage or death. DH was there, if I had not been, that would have been considered close supervision. So, we are all on big happy family, that always puts the girls in an xpen when we are not there to closely monitor, that never lets the 'kids' all play together without close supervision.
BTW, Bear jumping is unusual and not allowed in the house...LOL, don't know what came over him, he was being ordered down when it happened.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!