View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Totally agree! GSD's need extensive training and socialization, moreso than other breeds, but I think alot of Yorkies would benefit from these classes as well lol. I had a GSD growing up and she only lived to be 4 years old because she attacked a worker than came onto our property unexpected and we didn't lock her up, she had to be put down that day. I was devasted and now knowing what we know about them and dogs in general, she could have been an amazing dog and I still miss her.

Jackson is an only dog at our regular house but sometimes we will spend up to 2 nights at my dads home and we leave all 3 of the dogs loose in free roam but they all just sleep when we're not home, LOL. We do have the upstairs gated off because that's where the 2 cats 'live' lol. He used to do the same thing when my moms dog was still alive and lived with us. So we've been lucky, they don't get into things when we're not home. When we ARE home-- a whole 'nother story.
OMG! That is so sad. I'm so sorry for you.

You have proved you are an excellent trainer with Jackson. I bet you could train a GSD today. For the OP, time is critical and there isn't enough of it at this point to adequately learn to train a GSD at home. Seek out a pro to help make your GSD the best dog he/she can be.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!