View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpham View Post
My GSD doesn't know his size and he will try to but his mouth over her head and will bite and snap if he gets too excited. Will I always have to keep them apart?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpham View Post
Those are suppose to be two separate sentences. He bites and snaps when he gets excited but he's been trained to understand that biting is not appropriate.

I'm not hoping they will become good friends. I want them to be good friends and if they can't then at least tolerate each other. I would appreciate advice and not opinions. Kicking one dog out because he is too big is not an option. They are our family.
Asking if you will always have to keep them apart is asking for an opinion.

Running those two sentences together substantially changes the whole scenario you presented us with when you asked your question.

If you reread my post, no where did I suggest "kicking one dog out". I just said it was unrealistic to expect them to become "good friends" in answer to your question. That answer was based on your statement that "My GSD doesn't know his size and he will try to but his mouth over her head and will bite and snap if he gets too excited."
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!