View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
lilygirl24
Yorkie Talker

Default My heart is broken

My baby Lily just passes last night. She was only 2 and a half. About 2 months ago she was diagnosed with a liver shunt and needed surgery. She went through such an extensive and dangerous surgery and came out strong and vibrant. I only fed her Ld food and my family and I gave her so much love and she recovered. This past weekend she became very lethargic and lost her appetite. She wasn't urinating properly either. I took her to the vet on Tuesday and he said nothing was wrong even though I insisted something was wrong. Wednesday she seemed a little better but Thursday she just took a turn for the worse. She stopped eating and could hardly walk. I took her to an emergency hospital and they took an exray and her abdomen was filled with fluid and her body wasn't producing proteins. Her liver was failing and she was to weak for surgery. I fought so hard to save her but it was too late. She couldn't breathe because the fluid spread to her lungs. I had to put her down last night and now a piece of my heart is missing. My house is so lonely and I am so sad. I keep thinking I could have done so many things differently. I feel like I didn't protect my baby.
She was just a baby. She was energetic and always wanted to play. I keep hearing her barks and demands to play in my head. I keep hearing her squeaky toys. I want to give her the treats that she loved. She used to bark at the treat cabinet when she wanted a treat. She would do a treat dance and turn around in circles. She was so smart. I could take her outside and she would never run away. She would never even go in the street. She loved to cuddle and now she's gone. I'm so sad. How do I get through this? She wasn't just a dog she was my little girl. She came into my life when I couldn't smile and she helped me smile again. She was the best. I love you Lily! I love you so much! My life will never be the same without you! Rest in peace baby! I hope you get all the treats you want wherever you are!
lilygirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!