View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiesmom_2007 View Post
I just wanted to tell ya that everyone her has given you great advice. I am fairly new to showing and right now I have 2 UKC finished Champions that I also showed in AKC shows as well didn't get any point but I did learn more than I knew from the beginning. I love the people I have met and they have helped me tremendously. Right now I am currently waiting on a new boy to see how he turns out. Hopefully he becomes my next showdog. But I can say this, I love showing. My goals for at least the next 5 years are to finish my own dog in AKC myself and to have a bred by that I finsh on my own also.
Here's some advice that hasn't been offerred. Kirsten McGregor one of the top handlers studied under handlers; before venturing out on her own. She tutored under Barb Biessel, who trains up and coming handlers. You may want to contact her and study under her during the summer months. You will assist her, travel with her. She will train you in the art of training, grooming, presenting; all things dog. Kirsten or Barb would be the ones I know of that do have assistants and training programs. Go to the YTCA.org breeder referral page, their e-mails and #s are listed there.

Oops this was meant for the OP.

Last edited by Mardelin; 06-05-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!