Thread: Is it rude
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #14
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
You were not being rude at all. In my humble opinion, ANYONE who allows their dog to approach a strange dog without the express concent of the other dog's owners is being extremely rude. I extend my DO NOT APPROACH rule to people w/o dogs as well.

I would have done much the same thing, but I do believe I would have picked up my guys and left the scene as fast as my cripple leg would carry me. I NEVER EVER allow my dogs to come in contact with a strange dog until I take a few momets to assess the entire situation including escape routes . Sometimes the assessment takes only a few seconds, other times I may ask the other person to give me a few moments - under the guise of getting MY dogs settled . I want to take a quick look-see for any obvious signs of sickness in the other dogs and for the mental state of both the other dog and his/her owner. I will not risk the safety and well being of my kids for anyone for any reason.

Excellent post!! Even small dogs can cause problems! I once ended up with all of my pups sick because a couple of them were exposed to a puppy that I believed later must have been sick.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!