View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #11
Maddie23
Senior Yorkie Talker

I crate trained my Maddie. When she was really little, I had a bed in the crate along with a pee pad (it is a larger wire crate). When they are that little they are still learning and will continue to have accidents. You may even be seeing pee because she got excited when you walked in (which would explain it being there even after she went outside). My Maddie also slept in this crate in our bedroom at night (she still does even though the door is left open all night now). When I consistantly came home to find the pee pad dry, I picked up the pad and put the wire divider up so that the crate was only large enough for her bed. If I knew I was going to be gone longer than I had ever seen the pad stay dry, I took it down and put the pad back in for that time and then put it back in.

This worked well for us because I work out of town but had daughters at home that were able to come in from school at lunch and then again straight away after school. My Maddie is now 2 1/2 and has the run of the house and hasn't had an accident in a long time. If we are going to be gone for the day shopping, or whatever, I still put her in her crate, but the divider is gone. Her bed is in there and the other size is full of toys and chews and she has never had an accident in her crate.
Maddie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!