View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaszoe View Post
I am new to Yorkie Talk and decided to seek out people who care. I need help and the vet just prescribes steroids and I know where that is going!!!
Zoe is about 9 years old and has always had itchy skin. I have tried everything I have read on the internet, Dinovite, green bean diet, shampooing with Selsum Blue Shampoo, feeding her yogurt and probiotics. She is the worst this summer I have seen. Her hair is rubbed off her back from scrating, her skin is rough and oily and she smells terrible after being outdoors for a second. Has anyone has this problem and solved it? She is miserable and it makes me so sad. Thanks, Zoe in Texas (she is Zoe)
Did a vet tell you to use the Selsun blue? I was under the impression that you should never use people shampoo on a dog because their skin's pH balance is different than ours. Selsun blue has selinium disulfide, which is used to treat fungal infections. Unless she has that kind of infection, you could be perpetuating the dry skin/oily coat cycle by stripping the skin's acid mantel.
Rhetts_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!