View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Cha Cha
Donating YT 500 Club Member

If my baby was only having accidents in the crate I think I would continue with it. At 10 weeks your baby is still very young and if not with momma, a crate is the safest place while you are away. With consisntency she will begin to understand the routine and time schedules. I have only had one that didn't ever accept a crate, and that is my baby Mylee. But, she stressed herself so severely in the crate that I was concerned for her health and safety. She literally panted to the point of drenching herself in saliva, so it was not the accidents in the crate that made me give up on it. I leave her out with my other dog now and she still gets nervous when we leave, but is more content to accept it.

Oh, and I would give your baby a towel or a bed. If she is urinating, she is standing in that and it can be irritating to the skin or feet, and even to breath in ammonia continuously can be irritating to the lungs if your crate is the closed in kind. Bedding will soak it up and help keep it away from her skin. Just have to plan a load of laundry every day.

Overall, I just think you need to be patient and keep working with her since she is still very little.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!