View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #13
MaddiesMommie
LoveMy2
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviansnickers View Post
Hi How exciting for you, the start of your journey of your teaching career!! Congrats!! I have been teaching Kdg for about 8 yrs now. It's truly my passion and niche! I have oodles of ideas. Let me know if you have any questions.

Something that I do that the students seem to remember is that I have a sign hung up at their level right as you walk into the doorway that says "I WILL TRY MY BEST!" As they walk in, they slap it (We call it "the magic") and then pop it up to their brain/or eat it. So yes, they are eating air but they think it's magic and really believe it helps them try their best and to remember to try their best as they are walking in at all times of the day. They love it and I refer to it during lessons when someone is not trying their best, I'll ask if they got their magic on their way in. It works well. The idea came to me when I was watching the Detroit Pistons run out from their locker room slapping their emblem for luck. I love motivational things!!

Feel free to ask me anything anytime. I have also taught 2nd and 3rd grade as well.

Smiles-
Viv
That is such a neat idea, Viv. I may do what teacher's do best now, steal your idea and adapt it for 5th graders! They are just bigger bodies. Still love the same things "little kids" do. We use rugs to read around the room during certain times, well a 1st grade teacher started calling hers Magic Reading Carpets. I can't tell you the times my reading rugs get referred to as magic throughout the year. I love it.
MaddiesMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!