View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
Rad michelle
Yorkie Yakker

Default Help, 10 day old puppy wont eat

my girl had 7 puppies 2 saturdays ago and all are huge and thriving except the first and smallest girl born. i noticed yesterday she had dropped weight from 6.5 oz to 5.3. while all the other are at about 10 oz. her birth weight was 3.6 oz and she doesnt seem dehydrated but definetly isnt thriving like the littermates.

ive tried everything to get her to latch onto moms nipple by herself but she just wont take it she isnt cold or anything and i've only seen her eat from her teat only once since then. i've tried goats milk water kyro mix, some puppy formula, milking my female a bit and putting her on the teat, nothing.

i have noticed she is constipated because she had alot of runny poo come out when it was just her and mom and myself when she went to clean her and i have continued to diaper her and this morning seemed to have alot of poo and a couple drips of pee so i think she is constipated, would that make a puppy not eat?

she doesnt cry very much but was crying this morning but still just cant get her to feed. when i use a dropper or a syringe she just cries as i try to feed her so im worried ill aspirate her she wont willingly eat so i havent even bothered with a nipple. please help i'm not sure what to do at this point.
Rad michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!