View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 04:23 AM   #8
baby yorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Smile Training Yorkie

When I got my first baby the beginning of last year, I tried to keep her in the crate whenever we left the house. (I had an 11 year old pek at the time.) Both slept in their crates at night, but I left my pek blocked in the family room when we left the house. My poor little baby had a very hard time with us leaving her in the crate when we were gone and at night. She would jump the crate across the floor when we were gone and both at night and when we were gone, she would have a runny mess in the crate. Really bad too. I was so frustrated that I started leaving her in the family room (puppy proofed) with my pek when we left the house (I think she was 4 or 5 months old). She did wonderful. No potty or anything and several times we were gone for 4 to 5 hours. Well, then I had the night time potty thing to worry about. So at about 7 or 8 months, I moved her crate upstairs with me. Not one cry from her that she needed to go out or anything. She just needed me. She would sleep as long as I did. If my husband let her out to potty early in the morning when he got up at 4:30 am (more for him than her), she would come running up the stairs to climb in the bed with me. I didn't put her back in her crate. Well, now I have a new baby and she is doing the same. I can leave her for the same timeframe and she is great. They both just need someone else to be around. ...Just my experience...Good Luck...You'll find what works for you and your baby.
baby yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!