View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
Lisa and Pic
♥ Piccolo & Vivi ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
I noticed when Peek A Boo eats, sometimes some hair will lay in his bowl and it gets eaten along with the food, but of course it won't go all the way down. He has done all the behaviors you described, trying to dislodge it.

So now I've gotten in the habit of checking him before and after he eats, and sometimes in the middle of his meal even, just run my fingers along his lipline, if I run into some hair, I gently pull it out.

He has gotten pretty massive amounts at least halfway down his throat. As he has gotten used to me doing this for him, sometimes when he has a problem, he'll stop eating and give me a look, and I go over and help him.

It did freak him out the first few times though, Must feel weird to them too.

I believe show people have a thing that goes around the neck at feed time, like a big hair scrungy, that keeps the long hair out of the food bowls, hence out of their throats. Can't remember what it's called...

Hope this helps...
I think that is exactly what happens, but for Piccolo it is when she chews a bully stick. I will start checking around her lips each time instead of having to react to her strange behavior, after the fact.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!