View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Hmmm.... my favorite teacher that my oldest son had was first of all , excited and enthusiastic about teaching. She wasn't a total pushover but she was kind and compassionate. She sent home a family project that we worked on together. The children had to do a report about an animal and as a family project, they had to have a model of the animal. All sorts of interesting animals came into the office and everyone was so creative. But the actual written report was done by the kids alone. Anyways, I just want to say that the bulletin board isn't important (not that you can't have fun with it) and the theme doesn't really matter but the way you deal with the kids is what matters. So many teachers really don't seem to value the children for the individuals that they are and instead almost seem to want little robots who follow all the rules and don't question things so many of them don't even seem to enjoy what they are doing. Those teachers who can really connect and make a difference are few and far between and just what the world needs more of. Now, don't take this the wrong way, I do sympathize with teachers today too because I think parents don't always do a good job either and send those home problems into school but that's a whole different story.....
I have a feeling you're one of those teachers who's gonna make a difference!

PS. That favorite teacher also had a pet bunny.... maybe a pet yorkie would be a welcome addition?
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!