View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #13
OwnedByJezebel
YT 1000 Club Member

I just had a similar experience yesterday at the dog park. A guy with 2 (really cute and very small) mutts immediately wanted to know if my Jezebel was fixed. I told him that she had been spayed about 2 months ago. He proceeded to tell me that his male was intact, and they were looking for a small female to breed with him. I couldn't believe it. Jezebel has a wonderful temperament and she's very healthy (knock on wood), but she isn't breeding quality. And even if she were, no way am I going to open her up to that risk, and especially to breed her with something that is an unidentifiable mix. Some people.

One day, there was a woman there with an adult 3.5 lb Yorkie female that she was going to use for breeding, she said that she had found a small male. When I brought up the risks, she said that her small size wasn't a problem because they had already planned on a c-section!!! Can you imagine that? Breeding a tiny and PLANNING to put her through a c-section??? Then someone else asked where she got dog, and she said that it came from Trader's Village, which is a large flea market in the Houston area. The dogs there come from puppy mills! So she was going to breed a very tiny female with a completely unknown genetic background. I feel so sorry for that tiny little Yorkie, her owner is clueless.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!