View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Default Please Read: Decisions We Make at YT

Let’s say a woman is speeding 20mph over the speed limit. A policeman pulls her over. The policeman has 3 choices:

-- Give her a ticket
-- Give her a ticketed warning
-- Give a verbal warning, and send her on her way

Tell me, which decision is fair?

Is it black and white? Is the penalty for speeding applied to every person and every situation in the EXACT same way, every time it happens?

No? Buttttt, it’s a rule that is broken…why is it applied differently to different situations? Hmmmm....

Every single thing is different from the other. When we make decisions to close a thread, or delete a post etcetera - it is not personal. It is done or not done for a reason, it’s not random. When a rule is broken or stretched, what happens next can depend upon several circumstances. I'd bet that's how the policeman might make his decision for that ticket too - based upon circumstances other than the mere fact that the rule was broken .

Admin and the Mods always welcome feedback, suggestions, and questions. However, we need to ask that people keep things in perspective. While we have Rules and Guidelines here at YT, they are applied differently as every situation IS different. We understand that a decision may not always seem “fair” or “appropriate”, and that’s a-okay bc it is not possible to make it perfectly fair and appropriate for 60,000+ unique people.

On that note, please consider the situation before repeatedly PMing the Admin or Mods regarding whether a decision about a thread/post/member is fair or appropriate. This is a large community and we will always make decisions that will not please everyone. <---THAT is a fact and will *always* be part of this community, so please accept this fact.

Fair and appropriate are shades of gray, they are not black and white.

{Btw, this is not regarding any 1 situation or thread. Rather, it is something that has needed to be said for a while, as there seems to be some confusion about YT's Rules. }

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!