View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
yeah my dh was gone for 2 weeks with his family helping his elderly parents and my healthy dog was pooping blood. I did inhouse and lab fecal and fecal culture and nothing she had stress colitis. It happens. I am sure she will be ok when you get home

They usually call any gastro issue gastroenteritis so it is a blanket diagnosis but it sounds like colitis and if they get stressed enough they vomit. My dd had colitis after metacam as she was given it while on steroids a HUGE NO NO so we do not see that vet ever and she was a mess for a while but i soaked kibble for 30 days until the intestines calmed down as she would vomit her food whole if i fed dry kibble. After 30 days she was fine and I slowly introduced kibble in. It was not fun when the whole digestive tract is inflamed. Do you feed kibble?

yorkies tend to have digestive issues and sounds like she has some stress issues if her blood sugar was low so i think she may not be eating and stressed
I usually keep dry food down, free feeding because I know they have a tendancy for low blood sugars. She is doing much better today. Yesterday my husband bought some goats milk. It saved her life when she was 5 weeks old and she seems so much her old self today. Playing and perky. She is not eating very well, I use a syringe and chicken baby food, also some pedialyte. I am just going to keep a very close eye on her, she is mostly skin and bones and since she is only 2 lbs when she is healthy, I need to get some weight back on her.
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!