View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorrow26 View Post
My puppy sleeps in his small crate every night beside my bed. The crate is set on an ottoman so he isn't on the floor. My husband and I usually keep the thermostat low but since we have had our baby we have been burning up I don't want him to freeze to death so I wrap a blanket around the crate. He was good for a week or so but it has gotten warmer outside I guess. Well he has been waking up in the morning panting so I have started half-covering the crate and turning down the thermostat a couple of degrees and he is still panting a bit in the morning until I take him out. I check on him alot during the night and he doesn't seem too hot or too cold. How do I tell what temp is best? This is so stupid I know. Sorry!When I first got him, I even thought about using a heating pad because I didn't want him to be too cold. I am glad I didn't or I would have burnt him up
How old is your puppy? Once they are two weeks old they can regulate their own body temperature. A room temperature around 72 to 75 would be ideal.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!