View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

It's something new and I imagine a little scary as it probably looks like the kids are growing all of a sudden. And sometimes I find when they are a little anxious, anything different really scares them. I have one like that and he's not real timid but any new sounds or sites freak him out. For instance, we were at my son's baseball game and someone was walking around pushing their baby in a stroller. He had no problem with that but then they decided to get their baby out of the stroller and he freaked. Started barking like crazy. I just very calmly picked him up and said that's just a baby, see and we walked closer until he could sort of put his nose out to investigate and then the baby reached out his hand and he was fine. The first night we put the air conditioner in my bedroom his kept waking us up with his barking because every time the air conditioner kicked on the noise scared him. I just let him know that I'm aware of it and it's no big deal but I make sure he knows that I'm not just ignoring him. I think he's young and just is not sure if I'm aware of all the dangers out there and once he knows I'm on top of things, I'm hoping it will get a easier.
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!