View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchilila View Post
QUESTION: Sorry, but my mind is mush right now......I think I read where I need to get bloodwork, heartworm check, worm check when she is one year old. Is this correct??? This would be at the end of June.
the heartworm needs to be done for sure, then if you keep her on it year round and don't miss any months you should only have to test for it every 2-3 years depending on the protocol of that vet. i don't know the weather in texas but here in jersey the weather gets really cold in the winter so there are no mosquitos. i can stop the heartworm pill from november to april if i chose but then i'd have to get a heartworm check again before starting up again in the spring. so i don't know if you can do that in texas.

Some vets request a fecal sample at their yearly (or bi-yearly) check up to look for parasites. bloodwork is your choice. typically most people do not get yearly blood panels. but we are all crazy yorkie owners so most of us DO get yearly panels (i get yearly panels and yearly BATS done on morgan cause she has MVD).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!