View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #9
laci32
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnIndy View Post
I had read comments about how when people walk their Yorkie everyone stops and coos over them. Yesterday, since it was a beautiful warm day, I experienced that since it was Indy's and my first time out and about in a semi-busy area (a sale outside).

Comments include:

- "She's so cute!" (I like this comment!)

- "Oh! She's so thirsty! Poor thing!" (Umm...I carry cold water with ice cubes in my purse for her.)

- "She doesn't want to be outside." (I work 4-5 days a week. The weekend is our time to spend together. Why would I leave Indy in the house while I go outside and enjoy the day without her? We're not baking in the sun all day, it's a morning walk. It's not too hot, I give her water, and we're hanging out together...what's wrong with that?)

- "She just wants to be carried. She must love that." (This is when Indy is standing calmly beside me. She's a dog. I love her to bits, and if there's danger of her being hurt I pick her up in a heartbeat. But she's a dog and loves to walk. This is part of our daily exercise.)

- "Is she a miniature/teacup Yorkie?" (I think we all feel the same way about this question.)

I really do enjoy walking with Indy, and love that people think she's cute, but I just don't like it when they think they know my dog better than I do. I'm very polite to everyone, but some people can be unintentially rude. It's frustrating when you're doing all the right things and paying close attention to your pup and people stand there and assume your dog isn't a "real" dog and shouldn't be walked/outside, ect.

Thanks for letting me vent
I get a lot of people stopping me . Kids well they want to pick him up which I do not allow for obvious reasons . I can't blame them he is cute lol
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/pic...ictureid=90373
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!