View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Personally I would get the distemper, parvo, parainfluenza, and hepatitis (DHPP) vaccine in October since its a year after her last booster and a few weeks later get the rabies booster. Lepto is only needed if there are a lot of cases of it where you live. Corona should never be given to small breed dogs.

You need to comply with your country laws with the rabies vaccines. So if it says every year, then unfortunately that's what you have to do. Unless there is a medical problem and you can get your vet to sign off on it saying that your dog cannot get this vaccine for health reasons. However i heard that even in some places the letter won't work.

again, personally, After the one year vaccine i wouldn't get any more. I have my Morgan her puppy boosters (DHPP and rabies), then DHPP & rabies a year later, and then 1/2 of a DHPP at 2 years. Since then she hasn't gotten any vaccines and i don't plan on getting her any more. Same goes for my inside cat. She only had the kitten boosters and rabies. i feel its just not necessary to vaccinate yearly.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!