View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

It happens! I get the "oh she's so cute" when he's obviously a he; "what is it?" not rude at all right? And when I'm taking him to a new place, like an outdoor shopping area that allows dogs, I go really early when there are less people. He's shy, and I take him out to get him exposed to new things. I choose early because it's quiet compared to later in the day, but not too quiet that there aren't people and new noises he hasn't experienced yet.

He pulls insanely hard when he's scared. He tries to hide in every nook and cranny he can find, so it makes for quite the sight. I get so much criticism from people who don't know this is part of his training. I walk and if he pulls I stop, he must heel and look at me for direction before we proceed. He'll do what he knows to do, but he shakes really hard while doing it.
The whole time I'm working with him, people come up to lecture me. "He's cold, why didn't you bring a sweater for him?" "Can't you see he wants you to pick him up? What a bit*ch!" I'm not kidding on the last one.
There are some people who stop and talk to me, and allow me to explain that it's training. They cooperate and pet him on his chest and help make him feel at ease.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!