View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Default Best time to get FIRST wellness checkup & boosters??

When should I get Betty Boop's first regular wellness checkup?? Is it when she turns 1 year old, which is next month. What tests should I ask the vet to do? Knock on wood.....she has not had any problems so far.

Also, I know there has been a lot of discussion on vaccinations. Does she need boosters on everything? I looked on her papers and on October 29, 2009, at around 16/17 weeks old, she was vaccinated with Distemper-Hepatitis (CAV-2), Canine Parvo, Parainfluenza, leptospirosis, Coronavirus. She had rabies on November 12, 2009.

Her medical records show he wants her to have a rabies booster on November 12, 2010. We have a county law that states a dog should have the rabies shot once a year. I know they are good for 3 years, as another vet told me. It would be my choice, so I'm told. I don't know what legal implications would be if she bit someone and she wasn't up to date with county laws. What is best for her health is what I want, though.

I know there are guidelines made up by a vet that some people follow. I know no one can tell me what is best to do for Betty Boop, but that is what I want to hear. I know there are a lot of others on the forum with more experience. Please give me your two-cents worth. It would really be appreciated.

If you know of another good thread, I would appreciate that, too.

Thanks!

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!