View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
chaygirl
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Help!Oscar can't pee after bladder stone surgery

Since it is a holiday weekend, I can't get in touch with my surgeon or any of the vet techs that have worked with him post op. His surgery was Friday & he came home yesterday morning. He peed in drips that created decent puddles up until last night around 7:00. Then he began straining throughout the night. His little red penis comes out when he strains but goes back in. He slept off and on thru the night. Woke up at 6:45 and strained with no luck. Finally at 7am this morning I saw 2 little drips of pee on his blanket. It is now 10:30 and he is still straining with no urine. The vet tech last night told me that it is normal for him to strain after the surgery (she worked with Oscar post op), but this was last night at 11. The receptionist answered the emergency hospital phone for me this morning and told me that the doctor on duty does not know Oscar but that if the vet tech who worked with Oscar said that it is normal, it is not an emergency until it has been 24 hours. I am so worried. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!