View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #15
shoefelmeyer
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I also have a tiny yorkie puppy. We brought her home when she was almost 12 weeks and only weighed 1 lb. 6 oz.

My biggest fear has been about hypoglycemia also. From day one, I gave her Nutri Cal a couple of times per day, in addition to her food.

My little girl had another challenge also, she was showing signs of having a cold and the vet diagnosed her with kennel cough. So for 5 weeks now, I have been taking her to the vet weekly to be rechecked, refill meds, etc.

"Princess" at first would not eat food or drink water from her dishes. So, I had to hold her , to eat and drink from her bowls. I was so worried about her. Each night for the first few weeks, we slept with her sleeping on our chest so that we could keep a close eye on her.

Now she is getting over the kennel cough, eating and drinking well on her own. She now weighs 2 lbs. 5 oz.

I think all the advice everyone has provided is excellent and very helpful. I am so thankful to be a member of this group.

I know you must feel as I do..... like a new "Mommy" would feel with a newborn human baby.

One thing my vet has encouraged, is to make sure a tiny puppy gets ALOT of rest and not have them get overtired.

Congratulations on your new "baby". I will praying for him.
shoefelmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!