View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #8
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miabellaamoure View Post
I thought they looked like the Amish...but, what do I know

In a documentary...I believe I heard they are known for running mills and sell & purchase animals from auctions like this.

Unfortunately, people who are in this kind of industry consider these animals as "livestock" & a means to make a dollar...period.
I'm sure they are Amish or Mennonite and you're right they are known for operating puppymills...also right about their attitudes being that dogs are like livestock.

I agree with your above post about it being wrong that the television station purchased these dogs - they could have done their report and NOT bought dogs. But, I also know how it is almost impossible to go to one of these auctions and NOT buy dogs - you feel so sad for them all and just want to save them. Sadly though, to buy enables this horrible cycle to continue!

The dog auctions that used to be held here in my town have closed since a year ago in December....one of the happiest days of my life! This place was the most vile disgusting place, you would not have believed some of the things I witnessed there.....I still have nightmares.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!