View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Yorkies View Post
At first they called it colitis but changed it to the gastrointestinal distress. I have not looked them up so they could be the same thing with different names.

Yes, I have been gone for over 3 weeks but the first time I went out in Jan and then again in late Feb, I took her with us. This time my husband took me out there and left me but came back home until last Monday night. I just didn't know she was so attached to me/us. Sylvia
yeah my dh was gone for 2 weeks with his family helping his elderly parents and my healthy dog was pooping blood. I did inhouse and lab fecal and fecal culture and nothing she had stress colitis. It happens. I am sure she will be ok when you get home

They usually call any gastro issue gastroenteritis so it is a blanket diagnosis but it sounds like colitis and if they get stressed enough they vomit. My dd had colitis after metacam as she was given it while on steroids a HUGE NO NO so we do not see that vet ever and she was a mess for a while but i soaked kibble for 30 days until the intestines calmed down as she would vomit her food whole if i fed dry kibble. After 30 days she was fine and I slowly introduced kibble in. It was not fun when the whole digestive tract is inflamed. Do you feed kibble?

yorkies tend to have digestive issues and sounds like she has some stress issues if her blood sugar was low so i think she may not be eating and stressed

Last edited by dwerten; 05-28-2010 at 05:39 PM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!