View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Assistance from the group needed for ongoing emergency .

Candy weighs somewhere around 2 lbs. My dad was in failing health and I went out to AZ to be with him. He passed on the 14th and my husband was out here (MO) tending to things. He came out to be with me for the funeral on the 27th, yesterday. Meanwhile one of my sons was watching the dogs for us. He called to tell us that Candy was vomiting and had bloody diahrea. We told him to take her to the animal hospital. This was about 5 am Wed morning. They closed at about 630-7am so my son took her from them to our vet. She spent 2 nights at the ER clinic and 3 days at our vets office, until we got home today.

They have run all the tests they could think of and they have found nothing. They are calling it gastrointestinal distress. They think she is sick because we left her and she is trying to pine away. They have had her on IV's but she has refused to eat for them. She ate a bite of KFC chicken, just meat not skin yesterday. KFC chicken is the one thing all of our dogs will eat no matter how bad they feel.

I am worried about her because she is shaking even though she doesn't seem to be cold. I am going to put her in a carrier bag with a heating pad under it. Oh, yes, they checked her blood sugar and while it was low, it was still in the normal range, 86. They did give her glucose and monitored her the first day.

She is still having vomiting and diahrea, any suggestions as to what I can do? Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!