View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
Jenna AK
YT Addict

She's actually been socialized quite well and is very obedient (well, until someone walks by with something she thinks she can mooch with those 'puppy dog eyes') and I'd say she's wormed her way into my schedule pretty well. In fact, I'd have to say she already runs the house to the beat of her own drum! 0_o
She was supposedly the pet of a woman who ran a rescue nearby where I live. But when we went to look at her, she was being kept in the woman's truck, supposedly because she was fighting with another dog in the house who was old and infirm. (This woman still got $500 out of us for her, when other dogs in the rescue were going for only $100...she claimed it was 'her baby' that had to go to a good home or be returned within 2 weeks.) She was meant to be my daughter's dog, but she's seen me as alpha wolf I guess. She now sleeps under the bedcovers on my bed, expects 'walkies' first thing when I get up, all meals are meant to be served by me (unless 'Daddy' has something nommy) and she loves laps of course! If you're sitting down, she's in your lap in a thrice.
Hm...sounds more like SHE'S the alpha wolf...erm...right? 0_o
Kind of odd for me, I am only a few months out from losing my aged MacKenzie River Husky after having him (and his children-who have also passed) for 14 years. (kidney failure) I love big dogs, so it's taking me quite some time to get used to this little beanie baby. ^_^ She's definitely imprinted on me though. Hates if I leave her for any period of time, loves to travel in the car and gets all frantic if she can't go into the store with me. (She stays with either my hubby or my daughter if I can't take her in somewhere.)

As long as she is a healthy dog, I won't worry about the snoozing. Just wondered if anyone else has a Yorkshire that they would have named Rip Van Winkle if they could! ^_^

Your Kaji sounds like quite the charmer! I love his name, does it have a particular meaning?
Jenna AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!