View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

These are all good questions you should ask your vet. Where did you rescue her from? If she's a little girl with an unknown past, it could be that she's just not ready to open up to you. Kaji is shy and easily frightened, that's just his nature, and he was just very slow to open up. He would look at me like I was crazy when he first came home and I proudly offered him a toy. She could very well still be adjusting. She has yet to accept her new home, and you are the only pack she knows. She'll follow you because your familiar, but isn't active quite yet because she's unsure. That's how Kaji was. He would follow me and whine and cry like crazy if at any given moment he couldn't see me. Slowly, he opened up and played with me a little, just with me though and no toys. He now is ok with toys and he enjoys playing with his dog friends too! He had always liked dogs, but didn't want to play with them.

Give your vet a phone call and ask for their opinion. If there is nothing medical going on, then it could be her adjusting. I don't know of any yorkie medical condition that could make them quieter than most.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!